Selling Your Home?
Here's what a REALTOR® does for you
1. A REALTOR® knows real estate values, can intelligently determine the fair market price of a home at the time of sale - helping to assure top dollar for your property.
2. A REALTOR® has a list of pre-screened prospects: people seriously interested in buying a home.
3. A REALTOR® is familiar with zoning codes, neighborhoods, schools, churches, transportation and shopping centers.
4. A REALTOR® does not have personal ties or fond memories concerning the property. Therefore he or she is better able to answer all questions objectively and unemotionally.
5. Because of his or her many years of experience, a REALTOR® can offer many valuable suggestions on how to make your home more salable.
6. A REALTOR® knows how to advertise a property to gain maximum results, and has referrals from others.
7. A REALTOR® pre-screens all prospects, sets up appointments and personally shows the property. You are not bothered with lookers, curious and undesirable traffic.
8. A REALTOR® knows how to "sell" the property and obtain a firm offer without pressuring the buyer.
9. A REALTOR® knows how to assist the buyer in obtaining a mortgage, the amount of down payment required, points, escrow, property taxes, closing costs and utility bills.
10. At closing time, a REALTOR® will assist in guiding you through the paperwork to help assure that title evidence and all other documents are properly and legally executed.
11. A REALTOR® operates under a strict Code of Ethics enforced by the National Association of Realtors, assuring you the most competent, professional and ethical performance available.
Buying your Home?
Here's how a REALTOR® is of service to you
1. A REALTOR® has a list of available properties in various neighborhoods and in different price ranges, and works closely with other REALTORS® in sharing information about what properties are available.
2. A REALTOR® is familiar with each house he or she offers for sale and, in most cases, has personally inspected the property.
3. Because a REALTOR® knows your financial position, your basic needs and desires, he or she will only show you homes that "fit the bill." He or she will not waste your time on properties you can't afford or would not be interested in.
4. A REALTOR® knows real estate values, can recommend homes that will fit your budget, and will answer all questions concerning zoning, the neighborhood, schools, churches, shopping centers and transportation.
5. A REALTOR® knows the tax structure of the communities he or she services and can intelligently answer questions such as cost of maintenance and utilities.
6. A REALTOR® does not have personal ties or fond memories concerning the property. He or she will answer all questions objectively, pointing out any defects or advantages in a particular home.
7. A REALTOR® is familiar with local lending institutions, knows how much down payment will be required, what the approximate monthly payments and closing costs will be.
8. A REALTOR® will work closely with you, showing you every available property meets your specifications. He or she will never "high pressure" you into buying something that you're not completely satisfied with.
9. Once you select the home you want, a REALTOR® will help to guide you through the complex maze of title evidence and other legal documents to help protect your interest and investment.
10. A REALTOR® operates under a strict Code of Ethics enforced by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, assuring you the most competent, professional and ethical performance available.